Statewide Roofing Specialist Is Your Source for High-Quality Roofing Materials.
We Perform Roof Installations, Roof Repairs, and Roof Replacement Throughout North Carolina, and We Can Help You.
We’re Affordable, Fully-Licensed and Certified, and Offer a Local Touch That Can’t Be Beat
Call Us for 24/7 Emergency Roof Repair Services
Schedule Your Free Inspection Today
Same Day Service. Free Estimates. Free Inspection. Free Consultation. Financing Options Available. Affordable Prices!
Free Quick Estimation
Few parts of your home are as important to your comfort and safety as the health of your roof. It keeps you dry, warm, and safe from the elements. But without vigilance and regular inspections, even the best roofs can be damaged and fall into disrepair.
And when you have to perform roof repairs, the roofing material you use matters. Some products offer more protection than others, and some may be designed for specific climates or lifespans. As such, knowing which one is right for you is a crucial part of the roof repair process.
Types of Roof Materials: Choosing the Best Option
The choice of roofing material affects not only the aesthetics of your home but also its durability and, in some cases, energy efficiency. Whether you’re building a new house or planning a roof replacement, understanding your options can help you make an informed choice. Let’s look at a few of these options:
- Asphalt Shingles : Asphalt shingles are one of the most popular roofing materials in the United States. They are affordable and come in a wide range of colors and styles. Asphalt shingles are relatively easy to install and maintain, making them a preferred choice for many homeowners. Roofing material prices for asphalt shingles can vary depending on the quality and brand.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing materials are popular due to their longevity and eco-friendly properties. They can last for decades and are highly resistant to weather elements. While the initial cost may be higher than asphalt shingles, their long-term durability often outweighs the expense. Metal roofing is available in various materials like steel, aluminum, and copper, each with unique characteristics and benefits.
- Wood Shake: Wood shake roofing adds a rustic and natural look to your home. It’s often made from cedar or redwood and provides excellent insulation. However, wood shake requires regular maintenance to prevent rot and decay. Roofing companies usually offer different grades of wood shake, affecting roofing material prices.
- Concrete Tiles: Concrete tiles are a durable and fire-resistant roofing option. They come in various shapes and styles, including flat, low-profile, and textured designs. Concrete tiles are known for their longevity and energy efficiency, helping to regulate your home’s temperature.
- Clay Tile Roof: Clay tiles are renowned for their timeless beauty and durability. They have a distinctive Mediterranean or Spanish architectural appeal. While clay tiles are on the expensive side, they can last for a century or more with proper maintenance, making them a wise investment.
- Slate Roof: Slate roofing is synonymous with luxury and elegance. It’s exceptionally durable and fire-resistant, making it a preferred choice for many historic and high-end homes. However, the high roofing material prices and the need for specialized installation may deter some homeowners.
- Flat and Low Slope Roofing: Flat and low-slope roofing materials, such as built-up roofing (BUR) and modified bitumen, are designed for roofs with minimal pitch. These materials offer excellent waterproofing but may require more frequent maintenance.
- Synthetic Roofing: Synthetic roofing materials, including synthetic slate and synthetic wood shakes, provide the look of natural materials with added durability and lower roofing material prices. They are often a cost-effective alternative to their natural counterparts.
7 Factors to Consider When Choosing the Roofing Material
To help you find the right product for your needs, let’s explore seven crucial factors to consider when choosing your roofing material:
- Roof Slope
The slope or pitch of your roof is a fundamental factor in selecting the appropriate roofing material. Steeper roofs may require different materials than flatter ones. For instance, asphalt shingles work well on moderately pitched roofs, while materials like metal or clay tiles are better suited for steeper slopes. Be sure to consult with roofing companies, such as Statewide, to determine the best fit for your specific roof pitch.
- Architectural Authenticity
Consider the architectural style of your home when choosing a roofing material. Different styles like Colonial, Victorian, or Modern may require specific roofing materials to maintain authenticity. Modern roofing materials offer a wide range of options that can mimic traditional looks while providing modern performance and durability.
- Weather Endurance
Your geographic location and local climate play a significant role in determining the best roofing material. If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions, like heavy rainfall, strong winds, or frequent hailstorms, you’ll want a roofing material that can withstand these challenges. Metal roofing, for example, is highly durable and can handle extreme weather conditions.
- Long-Term Maintenance
Consider how much time and effort you’re willing to invest in roof maintenance. Some materials, like wood shake or slate, may require more frequent inspections and repairs. Modern roofing materials like asphalt shingles or metal roofing often require less maintenance, making them a convenient choice for many homeowners.
- Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is becoming increasingly important for homeowners looking to reduce their utility bills and environmental footprint. Reflective roofing materials, like certain metal roofing options or white membrane roofing, can help keep your home cooler by reflecting more sunlight. This can lead to lower cooling costs in hot climates.
- Material Weight
The weight of your chosen roofing material is a critical consideration, especially for older homes or those with structural limitations. Make sure your roof’s structure can support the weight of the material you select. Modern roofing materials often offer lighter alternatives, reducing the strain on your home’s structure.
Roofing materials prices vary widely, and your budget is crucial to your decision-making process. Consider both the upfront costs and long-term value when assessing roofing material prices. While some materials may have a higher initial cost, they may offer greater durability, reducing the need for frequent replacements.
The Benefits of Roof Replacement
While replacing a worn-out or damaged roof is a significant investment for any homeowner, it comes with many benefits that can greatly enhance your home’s value, safety, and longevity. With the right modern roofing material and the touch of professional roofing companies, you can not only fix any issues that may grow worse but greatly extend the life of your home.
And then we have sheer aesthetic value. Adding a new roof can significantly change the look, feel, and function of your structure. Add a touch of modern elegance, or go with a more traditional option. It’s all up to you.
Trust Statewide Roofing Specialist for All Your Roof Repair and Replacement Needs
Whether you’re dealing with a leaky roof or seeking assistance with full roof replacement, Statewide Roofing Specialist has you covered. Our roofing professionals are fully certified, licensed, and ready to handle any roofing issue.
Keep your roof looking its best and ensure it protects you and your family for years to come. Contact Statewide Roofing Specialist today at (336) 936-5711 to schedule a roof inspection and give your home the protection it deserves.
What Our Customers Say About Us
Our customers are satisfied with their new roofs and enjoy the services we provide! Look at what some of them have to say:
Why Choose Us
As professional roofing contractors, we’re committed to delivering the highest quality in every service we provide.
We Take Care Of Any Roofing Issue
We can handle everything from leaky roofs to new builds, so you don’t have to worry about your next roofing project.
An Experienced Team
Our years of experience ensure that your roof is performing and looking great again.
Affordable and Multiple Services
We offer multiple roofing services at affordable prices to help you get the most out of your roof for the best price.
We ensure every customer feels like they’re a family member while treating their homes with absolute respect.
If you require a new roof, we have financing options that will work for your budget.
Warranty That Lasts
A Lifetime, 50-year, non-prorated warranty is offered to each of our clients.
Get a Free Quote
Get In Touch With Us
Contact us today by calling (336) 480-1824 or submit your request online for a free quote.