Shingle Roofing in NC
GET YOUR ROOF INSPECTED FOR FREE.
Roof Repair, Replacement, and Installation
We Offer 24/7 Emergency Services
WE INSTALL, REPLACE AND FIX EVERYTHING: Leakage, Cracks, Shrinkage, Uplifted Roof Material, Punctures, and Holes.
Same Day Service. Free Estimates. Free Inspection. Free Consultation. Financing Options Available. Affordable Prices!
Free Quick Estimation
Having well-maintained shingle roofing is a must when facing NC weather. Statewide Roofing Specialist offers high-quality shingle roof installation to extend the longevity and durability of your home. We have the skills and expertise to install a roof that’s prepared to take on the weather in your area. Whether it’s asphalt, slate, metal, solar, wood, or clay, we have you covered.
Residential Shingle Roof Installation
As a leading provider of asphalt shingle roofing services in North Carolina, Statewide Roofing Experts specialize in a variety of shingle materials, including asphalt, slate, metal, solar, and wood. Each material offers unique properties and benefits, allowing us to provide our customers with the best options for their specific needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a cost-effective solution, a durable and weather-resistant roof, or a stylish and unique design, we can help you find the perfect shingle roof for your home.
Commercial Shingle Roof Installation
To ensure a long-lasting and visually appealing roof, many industries in North Carolina opt for shingle tile roofing. This material helps avoid the need for frequent roof replacements, which can be costly and time-consuming. However, it’s important to note that not all shingle roofing materials are created equal. Some are only made to last a few years, while slate and metal shingles, known for their durability, can last up to 100 years. These shingles are also available in a wide range of attractive designs and colors, making them a popular choice among building owners and architects.
Types of Roof Shingles
With a wide range of options available, shingles have become a popular choice among homeowners. Each type offers its own unique set of characteristics in terms of lifespan, aesthetic style, cost, and overall performance. Some of the most popular and reliable types of shingles include:
- Metal shingles
- Asphalt shingles
- Plastic shingles
- Cedar shingles
- Tile shingles
- Rubber shingles
- Composition shingles
- Bitumen shingles
- Slate shingles
- Solar shingles
- Standing seam shingles
Asphalt Shingles for Roofs
Laminated asphalt shingles are a popular choice for homeowners due to their natural shades and added protection against moisture and harsh weather conditions. They offer a premium look and added durability.
3 Tab Shingles
3-tab shingles are a cost-effective and popular choice for many homeowners. These shingles are lightweight, attractive, and offer a unique cut and installation style that enhances the overall appearance of the exterior. They are available at an affordable cost, starting as low as $1.
Shingle Roof Styles
Shingles come in a variety of styles that offer unique features and aesthetics. Some popular options include:
- Victorian Roof Shingles: These shingles range in price from $3 to $16 per square foot.
- Rustic Cedar Roof Shingles: These shingles have a rustic look and cost between $4 to $9 per square foot.
- Cottage Roof Shingles: These shingles have a quaint, cottage-like appearance and cost between $4 to $6 per square foot.
- Shake Roof Shingles: These shingles have a textured, wood-like appearance and cost between $5 to $9 per square foot.
- Spanish Roof Shingles: These shingles have a Mediterranean-inspired look and cost $13 to $25 per square foot.
Step-by-Step Guide: Installing Shingles on a Roof
Installing shingles on a roof can be a complex and challenging task, requiring expertise and professional tools. We have years of experience in providing high-quality roof repair, roof replacement, and roof installation services.
When installing shingles, it’s important to follow certain guidelines to ensure the proper installation and long-lasting durability of the roof. Some key steps to keep in mind include:
- Start the installation from the overhang and work your way to the ridge, from one corner of the building to the other.
- You’ll want to be sure to leave a 1cm gap between the gable tile and the frontal board.
- If the roof has unbalanced slopes, start the installation in the middle of the slope.
- Use a cord on the groove to mark the suspension line and ensure an overlap of 8-10cm between tiles on the groove.
- Place one shingle or tile on two elements of the crate, adjust its position, and ensure the shingles are aligned.
- You can also fasten the shingles using different methods, such as drilling through for metal shingles or using tapping screws to mount the holes.
- Measure the ratio of the cross-section of the battens and step of the rafter legs to ensure proper assembly of the crate.
- Here, you’ll need to be precise in measuring the roof’s dimensions and perimeter to avoid unbalanced ridges and back shingles.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure a successful installation and a roof that will last for many decades.
How much does Shingles Roofing Cost?
The cost of shingles varies depending on factors such as the type, style, size, pitch, and shape of the roof. Here are some estimated costs for different types of shingles:
- Metal Shingles: $2.5 to $15 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $3000 to $18000.
- Asphalt Shingles: $3 to $12 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $3600 to $15000 for a 1200 sq. ft. roof. Asphalt Shingles are available in two types: Fiberglass and Organic. Fiberglass Asphalt Shingle costs around $3 to $9, and Organic Asphalt Shingle costs between $9 to $12.
- Slate Shingles: $10 to $16 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $12000 to $20000.
- Solar Shingles: $22 to $25 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $26,400 to $30000. It’s worth noting that solar shingles are amongst the most expensive shingles for roofs.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shingles
Here are a few pros and cons of shingles that you should know before choosing to install roof shingles.
- Metal Shingles: Extremely durable, cost-effective, and can last for more than a century.
- Asphalt Shingles: Laminated shingles provide superior protection from extreme weather conditions, are available in numerous colors, and are an economical choice.
- Slate Shingles: These shingles offer an eye-catching look with a lifespan of up to a century (if maintained correctly).
- Solar Shingles: Transforms the sun’s energy into electricity for your home, easily installed with a DIY approach, and is lightweight.
- Metal Shingles: Require frequent maintenance and are prone to corrosion.
- Asphalt Shingles: Possess a lifespan of only 20 to 30 years, and regular cleaning and inspections are crucial to ensure they remain in good condition.
- Slate Shingles: These are very heavy, so the roof must be able to bear the weight. A solid mortar surface is recommended.
- Solar Shingles: These can be expensive, so regular inspections and maintenance are needed to keep them in good condition. This may come at a premium cost.
Reliable Tile Roof Installation Services in NC
We offer 100% reliable tile roof installation services and are experienced in finding the right tile and material for your roof. This can save you time, effort, and money in the long run. Our certified roofing services are available at affordable prices.
We offer a variety of common types of roof tiles, including:
- Ceramic Roof Tiles: Made from fusible pottery clay, sand, filler, and plasticizer applied with either tape or a stamping method. These tiles are a popular choice among homeowners due to their affordability and durability.
- Metal Roof Tiles: These tiles are profiled sheets of thin metal, made with alloys such as zinc, copper, or aluminum. They have decorative polymer coatings of polyester, acrylic, or polyurethane for an extra layer of protection.
- Composite Roof Tiles: These tiles are made with multi-layer roofing material that provides excellent protection and longevity. They are composed of steel sheets that include a primer layer and acrylic and mineral coating, making them a great option for homes of all types.
- Slate Roof Tiles: Made from natural stone, slate tiles provide an aesthetic look to your building. These tiles are available in various color variations and are made of fire-resistant materials. If installed and maintained properly, slate tiles can last for decades.
- Solar Roof Tiles: These tiles are both visually appealing and energy efficient. They are ecological tiles that offer protection and energy production at the same time. Although they can be quite expensive, homeowners install solar panel tiles for their performance.
How much does Tile Roof Installation Cost?
The cost of tile roof installation varies depending on the type of roof and tile you choose. For a 1,500 sq. ft. roof, the cost can range from $8,000 to $45,000. Here is a breakdown of the cost of tile roofing by material:
- Ceramic or porcelain tiles: $15 to $20 per sq. ft., or $22,500 to $30,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof.
- Metal tiles: $5 to $15 per sq. ft., or $7,500 to $23,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof.
- Composite tiles: $4 to $18 per sq. ft., or $6,000 to $27,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof.
- Slate tiles: $2 to $30 per sq. ft., or $3,000 to $45,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof.
- Solar tiles: $12 to $25 per sq. ft., or $18,000 to $38,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof.
Installation of Roof Tiles
Check the width of the roof symmetrically by measuring the lengths of the top, bottom, and diagonals.
Using an auto-lifter, lift and distribute the tiles on the roof in even piles of 5 pieces through one crate gap, considering that the weight of one pallet with tiles is about a ton.
Align the upper and lower extreme rows of tiles with the overhangs and lay them first.
Start laying ceramic tiles on hip roofs from the middle of the slopes and work your way towards the ridges.
Fasten the bottom row with corrosion-resistant self-tapping screws 4.5×50 mm, then continue laying the tiles from bottom to top. The direction of laying depends on the shape of the tiles and the width of the roof, for large roofs it’s best to start from the center and work your way to the sides.
Use only corrosion-resistant fasteners and if additional holes need to be drilled in the tiles use a d6 mm concrete drill bit.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Roof Tiles
- Ceramic Tiles: Long-lasting, with a potential lifespan of up to 100 years, and can withstand various weather conditions.
- Metal Tiles: Available in a variety of shapes and colors, easy to install by yourself, and have an expected lifespan of 40-50 years.
- Composite Tiles: High durability, easy to install, and environmentally friendly.
- Slate Tiles: Resistant to fire, capable of withstanding harsh weather and temperatures, and are available in a range of colors.
- Solar Tiles: Provide renewable energy, visually appealing, and come in a variety of colors.
- Ceramic Tiles: These can be prone to leaks due to small gaps caused by weather conditions.
- Metal Tiles: Lack of sound insulation, can be difficult to maintain in winter or snowy conditions.
- Composite Tiles: These can be more costly than traditional wood decking and may have a shorter lifespan due to artificial materials.
- Slate Tiles: These can be costly and require specialized installation, regular maintenance is necessary.
- Solar Tiles: High cost and complex installation, may not produce energy in stormy or nighttime conditions.
We never compromise on quality. Statewide Roofing Specialist ensures that your installation lasts as long as possible.
We are experienced roofers that can handle any type of shingle.
We provide cost-effective shingle roofing services across North Carolina. Call us today at (336) 929-9929 for a quick quote.
Hire Statewide Roofing Specialist
Shingle Roofing Cotractor: Why Choose us?
We are a residential and commercial roof shingle installation contractor in NC. We offer roofing solutions at affordable rates. We provide free inspection and consultation. What are you waiting for? Call us today!
What Our Customers Say About Us
Our customers are satisfied with their new roofs and enjoy the services we provide! Look at what some of them have to say:
Affordable roofing services in Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem, Lexington, Thomasville, and nearby areas. We provide roofing solutions for all types of roofs (metal, shingle, solar, TPO, EPDM) and their components, including soffit, fascia, and gutters. We are a local neighbor in the Piedmont Triad region.
High-quality roof installation services at affordable pricing. We also offer roof financing.
We do all types of roof repairs, whether it is a leakage, damage, or a crack, and offer 24/7 emergency services.
Easy financing for your roof.
Free quick roof inspection using the latest supplies and equipment.
24/7 Emergency roofing services.
- Roof Installation Services
- Roof Repair Services
- Roof Replacement Services
- Re-roofing Services
- Roof Inspections
Efficient, accurate, and with dedication— these are the terms that our formidable clients had to say after we installed roofs for them. We provide the following roof installation services:
Metal Roof Installation – this is a safer option if you are residing in a windy and heavy storm area. It comes in panel sheets and a tool that locks the sheets with metal. Get high-quality metal roofing in NC at a low cost. Want to learn more about metal roofing? Check our guide to metal roofing, how to install metal roofing, and metal roof ventilation blog post.
Shingle Roof Installation – The most common type of roofing installation is asphalt Shingles. It is installed in an upward manner to cover the full roof.
EPDM Roof Installation – Proven durability of over 60 years, EPDM roofing is a single-ply membrane-type flat rubber roof that prevents the roof from harsh weather.
Soffit and Fascia Roof Installation – Installed on the edges of the roof, soffit and fascia are two barriers that hold the corners of the roof by covering them completely against any damage.
Gutter Installation – A water drainage pipe or system that we install on the roofs so that during rainfalls, the water makes its way to the ground and does not stay on the roof to damage it.
TPO Roof Installation – We are certified experts offering commercial and residential TPO roofing all across North Carolina.
We also provide tile roof installation and flat roof installation services.
We provide the best roof repairing services including:
Metal Roof Repair – Unlike other roofing contractors, we first find a durable solution and then jump to repair. For metal, the damaged and repaired material should be matched as unmatched material causes leakage from the edges. Get a low-cost roof leak repair today!
Shingle Roof Repair – Only the cracked shingles must be replaced. If the cracks are minor, only then the single roof can be repaired.
Soffit and Fascia Roof Repair – Soffit and fascia get rot from time to time. We simply remove the rotten ones or repair them if the edges are cranked.
Gutter Roof Repair – To defend your home against major damages, a leaked gutter repair can be pivotal. This is the only repair that if not done in time, will cost you the entire roof as the rot spreads quickly.
We also provide solar roof and solar panel repair services.
A properly installed roof will outlast the structure. But if the material is crude, and installed by an unreliable roofing contractor, then your roof will slowly start to fall. This is what most of our clients faced when they first came to us for roof replacement. We offer:
Metal Replacement for Roofs – Exquisite metal is available in a variety of durability with partial and full recycled metal.
Shingle Replacement for Roofs – Affordable roof replacement solution with an extensive range of colorful shingles.
EPDM Roof Replacement – EPDM is a flat roof material that lasts for decades. But if the material is not good, it won’t last a year. That’s why we are here. We have the best EPDM replacement plans for your roof.
Soffit and Fascia Replacement for Roofs – Our roofing experts have a rudimentary knowledge of carefully replacing soffit and fascia for roofs so that your other roofing elements remain intact.
Gutter Replacement for Roofs – We have all the roofing-supply tools that enable our experienced roofers to replace the Gutter in no time.
Re-roofing is a delicate process that we have mastered over the years. Re-roofing service is something that scares roofing contractors but not us. We are here to serve the locals with the best re-roofing services that one can find in the entire North Carolina state.
Re-Roofing for Metal – The best way to save metal costs is to re-roof the old one with the new one. The durability and robustness increase along with the metal’s anti-corrosion lifespan.
Re-Roofing for Shingle – The best way to prevent shingle roof leakages is to apply one over another. It will restore the roof’s look and fill the tiny leakage spots.
Re-Roofing for EPDM – EPDM is best with a rubber flat roof that not only makes the roof sunlight repellent but molds with the old EPDM sheet.
Re-Roofing for Soffit and Fascia – One is cheaper than the other. Soffit is likely to be re-roofed if the damages are not too much. However, fascia is weather-sensitive for re-roofing.
Re-Roofing for Gutter – If the gutter is attached to the fascia, then it becomes easy to install the new roof without the need of removing the gutter.
All of our roof inspections are free of cost. We make sure to use the best available methods and technology to gather as much information as possible during a roof inspection. We use drones for roof inspections to ensure that we don’t miss any roof corner or edge. We recommend monthly roof inspection to home and building owners.
The roof and shingles may appear to be fine, but a careful inspection can reveal the health of your roofing against damages. People are surprised to see the detailed drone roof inspection reports.
We are also a Haag certified roofing inspection company that ensures your home or commercial structure remains intact for many-many years. Our certified Haag inspectors will present you with the checklist, summary, and tips after carefully examining your roof for interior and exterior damage.
Why Choose Us
As professional roofing contractors, we’re committed to delivering the highest quality in every service we provide.
We Take Care Of Any Roofing Issue
We can handle everything from leaky roofs to new builds, so you don’t have to worry about your next roofing project.
An Experienced Team
Our years of experience ensure that your roof is performing and looking great again.
Affordable and Multiple Services
We offer multiple roofing services at affordable prices to help you get the most out of your roof for the best price.
We ensure every customer feels like they’re a family member while treating their homes with absolute respect.
If you require a new roof, we have financing options that will work for your budget.
Warranty That Lasts
A Lifetime, 50-year, non-prorated warranty is offered to each of our clients.
Get a Free Quote
Get In Touch With Us
Contact us today by calling (336) 929-9929 or submit your request online for a free quote.