Shingle Roofing in NC
We understand the importance of shingle roofing in NC. We strive to provide high-quality and competent asphalt shingle roof installation to ensure the durability and longevity of the roof. Our goal is to install a roof that can withstand various weather conditions and last for more than 20 years. Call us at (336) 905-3456 for a free consultation anywhere in North Carolina. We specialize in a variety of shingle roofing materials, including Asphalt, Slate, Metal, Solar, Wood, and Clay.
Residential Shingle Roof Installation
As a leading provider of asphalt shingle roofing services in North Carolina, we at Statewide Roofing Experts specialize in a variety of shingle materials, including asphalt, slate, metal, solar, and wood. Each material offers unique properties and benefits, allowing us to provide our customers with the best options for their specific needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a cost-effective solution, a durable and weather-resistant roof, or a stylish and unique design, we can help you find the perfect shingle roof for your home.
Commercial Shingle Roof Installation
Types of Roof Shingles
With a wide range of options available, shingles have become a popular choice among homeowners. Each type offers its own unique set of characteristics in terms of lifespan, aesthetic style, cost, and overall performance. Some of the most popular and reliable types of shingles include:
- Metal shingles
- Asphalt shingles
- Plastic shingles
- Cedar shingles
- Tile shingles
- Rubber shingles
- Composition shingles
- Bitumen shingles
- Slate shingles
- Solar shingles
- Standing seam shingles
Asphalt Shingles for Roofs
Laminated asphalt shingles are a popular choice for homeowners due to their natural shades and added protection against moisture and harsh weather conditions. They offer a premium look and added durability.
3 Tab Shingles
3-tab shingles are a cost-effective and popular choice for many homeowners. These shingles are lightweight, attractive, and offer a unique cut and installation style that enhances the overall appearance of the exterior. They are available at an affordable cost, starting as low as $1.
Shingle Roof Styles
Shingles come in a variety of styles that offer unique features and aesthetics. Some popular options include:
- Victorian Roof Shingles: These shingles range in price from $3 to $16 per square foot.
- Rustic Cedar Roof Shingles: These shingles have a rustic look and cost between $4 to $9 per square foot.
- Cottage Roof Shingles: These shingles have a quaint, cottage-like appearance and cost between $4 to $6 per square foot.
- Shake Roof Shingles: These shingles have a textured, wood-like appearance and cost between $5 to $9 per square foot.
- Spanish Roof Shingles: These shingles have a Mediterranean-inspired look and cost $13 to $25 per square foot.
Step-by-Step Guide: Installing Shingles on a Roof
Installing shingles on a roof can be a complex and challenging task, requiring expertise and professional tools. We have years of experience in providing high-quality roof repair, roof replacement, and roof installation services.
When installing shingles, it’s important to follow certain guidelines to ensure the proper installation and long-lasting durability of the roof. Some key steps to keep in mind include:
- Starting the installation from the overhang and working your way to the ridge, from one corner of the building to the other.
- Making sure to leave a 1cm gap between the gable tile and the frontal board.
- Starting the installation in the middle of the slope if the roof has unbalanced slopes.
- Using a cord on the groove to mark the suspension line and ensuring an overlap of 8-10cm between tiles on the groove.
- Placing one shingle or tile on two elements of the crate, adjusting its position and making sure the shingles are aligned.
- Fastening the shingles using different methods, such as drilling through for metal shingles or using tapping screws to mount the holes.
- Measuring the ratio of cross-section of the battens and step of the rafter legs to ensure proper assembly of the crate.
- Being precise and accurate in measuring the roof’s dimensions and perimeter to avoid unbalancing the ridges and back shingles.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure a successful installation and a roof that will last for many decades.
How much does Shingles Roofing Cost?
The cost of shingles varies depending on factors such as the type, style, size, pitch, and shape of the roof. Here are some estimated costs for different types of shingles:
- Metal Shingles: $2.5 to $15 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $3000 to $18000.
- Asphalt Shingles: $3 to $12 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $3600 to $15000 for a 1200 sq. ft. roof. Asphalt Shingles are available in two types: Fiberglass and Organic. Fiberglass Asphalt Shingle costs around $3 to $9, and Organic Asphalt Shingle costs between $9 to $12.
- Slate Shingles: $10 to $16 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $12000 to $20000.
- Solar Shingles: $22 to $25 per sq. ft., with an overall cost range of $26,400 to $30000. It’s worth noting that solar shingles are amongst the most expensive shingles for roofs.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shingles
- Metal Shingles: Extremely durable, can last for more than a century and is a cost-effective solution.
- Asphalt Shingles: Laminated shingles that provide superior protection from extreme weather conditions, are available in numerous colors, and are an economical choice.
- Slate Shingles: An eye-catching look, with a lifespan of up to a century (if maintained correctly), and a delicate surface.
- Solar Shingles: Transforms the sun’s energy into electricity for your home, easily installed with a DIY approach, and is lightweight.
- Metal Shingles: They require frequent maintenance and are prone to corrosion.
- Asphalt Shingles: They have a lifespan of only 20 to 30 years, and regular cleaning and inspections are crucial to ensure they remain in good condition.
- Slate Shingles: These are very heavy, so the roof must be able to bear the weight. A solid mortar surface is recommended.
- Solar Shingles: These are expensive, so regular inspections and maintenance are needed to keep them in good condition. This will come with a high cost.
Reliable Tile Roof Installation Services in NC
We offer 100% reliable tile roof installation services that take into account the right tile and material selection for your roof. This will save you time, effort, and money in the long run. Our certified roofing services are available at affordable prices.
We offer a variety of common types of roof tiles, including:
- Ceramic Roof Tiles: Made from fusible pottery clay, sand, filler, plasticizer, and either tape or stamping method. These tiles are a popular choice among homeowners due to their affordability and durability.
- Metal Roof Tiles: These tiles are profiled sheets of thin metal, made with alloys such as zinc, copper or aluminum. They also have decorative polymer coatings of polyester, acrylic, or polyurethane as an extra protection layer.
- Composite Roof Tiles: These tiles are made with multi-layer roofing material that provides excellent protection and longevity. They are composed of steel sheets, primer layer, acrylic composition and mineral coating, making them a great option for homeowners.
- Slate Roof Tiles: Made from natural stones, slate tiles provide an aesthetic look to your building. They are available in various color variations and are made with fire-resistant material. If installed and maintained properly, slate tiles can last for decades.
- Solar Roof Tiles: These tiles are both visually appealing and energy-efficient. They are ecological tiles that offer protection and energy production at the same time. Although they can be quite expensive, homeowners install solar panel tiles for their performance.
How much does Tile Roof Installation Cost?
The cost of tile roof installation varies depending on the type of roof and tile you choose. For a 1,500 sq. ft. roof, the cost can range from $8,000 to $45,000. Here is a breakdown of the cost of tile roofing by material:
- Ceramic or porcelain tiles: $15 to $20 per sq. ft., or $22,500 to $30,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof
- Metal tiles: $5 to $15 per sq. ft., or $7,500 to $23,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof
- Composite tiles: $4 to $18 per sq. ft., or $6,000 to $27,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof
- Slate tiles: $2 to $30 per sq. ft., or $3,000 to $45,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof
- Solar tiles: $12 to $25 per sq. ft., or $18,000 to $38,000 for a 1,500 sq. ft. roof.
Installation of Roof Tiles
Check the width of the roof symmetrically by measuring the lengths of the top, bottom, and diagonals.
Using an auto-lifter, lift and distribute the tiles on the roof in even piles of 5 pieces through one crate gap, considering that the weight of one pallet with tiles is about a ton.
Align the upper and lower extreme rows of tiles with the overhangs and lay them first.
Start laying ceramic tiles on hip roofs from the middle of the slopes and work your way towards the ridges.
Fasten the bottom row with corrosion-resistant self-tapping screws 4.5×50 mm, then continue laying the tiles from bottom to top. The direction of laying depends on the shape of the tiles and the
width of the roof, for large roofs it’s best to start from the centre and work your way to the sides.
Use only corrosion-resistant fasteners and if additional holes need to be drilled in the tiles use a d6 mm concrete drill bit.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Roof Tiles
- Ceramic Tiles: Long-lasting, with a potential lifespan of up to 100 years, and able to withstand various weather conditions.
- Metal Tiles: Available in a variety of shapes and colors, easy to install by yourself, and have an expected lifespan of 40-50 years.
- Composite Tiles: High durability, easy to install, and environmentally friendly.
- Slate Tiles: Resistant to fire, able to withstand harsh weather and temperatures, and come in a range of colors.
- Solar Tiles: Provide renewable energy, visually appealing, and come in a variety of colors.
- Ceramic Tiles: These can be prone to leaks due to small gaps caused by weather conditions.
- Metal Tiles: Lack of sound insulation, can be difficult to maintain in winter or snowy conditions.
- Composite Tiles: These can be more costly than traditional wood decking and may have a shorter lifespan due to artificial materials.
- Slate Tiles: These can be costly and require specialized installation, regular maintenance is necessary.
- Solar Tiles: High cost and complex installation, may not produce energy in stormy or nighttime conditions.
We never compromise on quality. We make sure that installations last as long as possible.
We are trusted roofers that can handle any type of shingle.
We provide cost-effective shingle roofing services all across North Carolina. Call us today at (336) 905-3456 for a quick quote.
Hire Statewide Roofing Specialist
Shingle Roofing Cotractor: Why Choose us?
We are a residential and commercial roof shingle installation contractor in NC. We offer roofing solutions at affordable rates. We provide free inspection and consultation. What are you waiting for? Call us today!
Get a Free Quote
Get In Touch With Us
Contact us today by calling (336) 905-3456 or submit your request online for a free quote.