Statewide Roofing Specialist is Your Source for Affordable Commercial and Residential Roof Replacement in North Carolina
Free Inspections from Your Local, Affordable, Fully Certified Roofing Experts
With 24/7 Emergency Services
We Perform Installations, Replacements, and Repairs for Leaks, Punctures, Cracks, and Holes.
No Matter Your Roofing Issue, Statewide is Piedmont’s Answer for Any Roofing Need.
Same Day Service. Free Estimates. Free Inspection. Free Consultation. Financing Options Available. Affordable Prices!
Free Quick Estimation
Roof Replacement Cost
In most cases, you can expect a full roof replacement to range between $2 and $20 per square foot, depending on the materials you use and their overall quality, which is certainly not chicken scratch! However, by investing in the right materials for your region and letting professional roofing companies handle the job, you can improve your roof’s effectiveness and significantly extend its lifespan.
Mother Nature can pack a punch, and if you’re not prepared, your roof can face serious issues like leaks, punctures, raised shingles, and more. And, if left unchecked, smaller problems can grow into costly damages right under your nose.
How to Tell When Your Roof is Ready for Some TLC
A great rule of thumb in the roofing industry is to inspect your roof’s health every six months to a year. Regular inspections allow you to minimize smaller issues before they grow and keep your roof in optimal condition. Gone are the days of waterdrops raining down from the ceiling, and here is the age of dry, cozy comfort.
- Roof Age
One of the first things to consider is the age of your roof. Most roofing materials have a limited lifespan. Asphalt shingles, for example, typically last 20-30 years, while metal roofs can last 50 years or more. If your roof is nearing the end of its expected lifespan, it’s time to start planning for a replacement. Keep in mind that the actual lifespan of your roof can vary based on factors such as climate and maintenance.
- Missing or Damaged Shingles
Inspect your roof regularly for missing or damaged shingles. Shingles protect your roof from water infiltration and play a crucial role in its integrity. If you notice shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing altogether, it’s a sign that your roof may need repair. Ignoring this issue can lead to leaks and water damage inside your home, potentially increasing your roof repair cost if not addressed promptly.
- Exposed Nails
Exposed nails can be another red flag. Over time, nails that were once securely fastened can work loose or become exposed due to the expansion and contraction of roofing materials. These exposed nails can allow water to seep into your roof deck, leading to rot and structural damage. Addressing this issue as part of your roof maintenance can help prevent more significant problems and potential increases in roof repair costs.
- Damaged or Missing Flashing
Flashing is the metal or other material installed around roof penetrations such as chimneys, vent pipes, and skylights to prevent water from entering. Damaged or missing flashing can create vulnerable points where leaks can occur. If you notice issues with the flashing, it’s crucial to have it repaired promptly to prevent water damage.
- Chimneys, Vent Pipes, and Skylights
Roof features like chimneys, vent pipes, and skylights are prone to leaks over time. Check for signs of water staining or damage around these areas. Any indication of water intrusion should be addressed promptly to avoid costly repairs in the future.
- Gutters and Downspouts
Your gutters and downspouts are critical in directing water away from your roof and foundation. If they become clogged or damaged, water can back up and damage your roof and fascia. Regularly cleaning and maintaining your gutters can help prevent this issue and minimize your roof repair cost.
- Fascia and Soffit
Inspect the fascia (the vertical board behind the gutter) and soffit (the horizontal surface under the eaves) for signs of rot or damage. These components help protect your roof and attic from pests and water damage. Damaged fascia and soffit can compromise your roof’s integrity and should be addressed promptly.
Do I Need a Roof Replacement? What About Roof Repair?
So, do you need to completely replace your roof or simply repair it? For the average individual, knowing the better option won’t immediately clear. Couple that with the vast difference between roof repair cost and roof replacement cost, and you can find yourself in a difficult and potentially expensive crossroads.
That’s precisely why it pays to hire professional roofing companies to perform regular inspections. These roofing experts will have years of experience investigating roof issues and can help you decide the best option for your needs and budget. They can help you minimize roof installation costs and make keeping your home safe and dry easy and stress-free.
What Factors Affect the Cost of a New Roof?
As you can imagine, there are several aspects that will significantly affect your roofing cost. Let’s look at just a few:
- Building Size – The size of your building is one of the most significant factors influencing roofing cost. Larger roofs naturally require more materials and labor, resulting in higher overall expenses. When estimating the cost of your new roof, roofing companies will take precise measurements to determine the amount of roofing materials needed, allowing them to provide you with an accurate roofing cost quote.
- Roof Slope and Pitch – The slope or pitch of your roof also plays a crucial role in determining the cost of installation. Steeper roofs are more challenging to work on and require more labor and safety precautions, which can increase roofing costs. Additionally, the pitch can impact the type of roofing materials that can be used effectively. For example, some materials are better suited for low-pitched roofs, while others work well on steeper slopes.
- Roofing Materials Used – The choice of roofing materials also has a significant impact on roofing costs. A wide variety of roofing materials are available, each with its price point and characteristics. Asphalt shingles are often the most budget-friendly option, while materials like metal, tile, or slate are more expensive. Higher-quality roofing materials may come with a higher upfront cost but can offer long-term benefits in terms of longevity and performance.
- Old Roofing Removal – One of the essential steps in a roof replacement project is removing the existing roofing materials. The cost of old roofing removal can vary depending on factors such as the number of layers of old roofing, the type of material being removed, and the size of your roof. If your old roof has multiple layers or is covered with heavy materials like slate or tile, the removal process can be more labor-intensive and time-consuming, leading to a higher roof replacement cost.
- Permits and Fees – Obtaining the necessary permits for a roof replacement project is often required by local building codes and regulations. Some areas may have more stringent requirements or higher permit fees, which can add to the overall roof installation cost. It’s essential to work with roofing contractors who are familiar with local permitting processes to ensure that all necessary approvals are obtained and accounted for in your budget.
- Local Labor Rates – The cost of labor for a roof replacement project is a significant factor in the overall expense, and it can vary considerably from one location to another. Local labor rates are influenced by factors such as the cost of living, demand for roofing services, and the availability of skilled labor. For the best results, obtain multiple quotes from local roofing contractors to compare labor rates and ensure you receive a competitive price for your project.
Trust Statewide Roofing Specialist for All Your Roofing Struggles
Whether you need simple roofing inspections and day-to-day repairs or you seek full-on roof replacement, Statewide Roofing Specialist has you covered from beginning to end. With years of experience in the field and expertise in providing effective, affordable roofing solutions, we’re here to get the job done.
Give us a call today at (336)-948-9734 and speak to one of our specialists about your roofing needs. We’ll provide you with a free quote, a free roof inspection, and a detailed guide on how we can keep your roof looking its best through every season, rain or shine.
What Our Customers Say About Us
Our customers are satisfied with their new roofs and enjoy the services we provide! Look at what some of them have to say:
Affordable roofing services in Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem, Lexington, Thomasville, and nearby areas. We provide roofing solutions for all types of roofs (metal, shingle, solar, TPO, EPDM) and their components, including soffit, fascia, and gutters. We are a local neighbor in the Piedmont Triad region.
High-quality roof installation services at affordable pricing. We also offer roof financing.
We do all types of roof repairs, whether it is a leakage, damage, or a crack, and offer 24/7 emergency services.
Easy financing for your roof.
Free quick roof inspection using the latest supplies and equipment.
24/7 Emergency roofing services.
Why Choose Us
As professional roofing contractors, we’re committed to delivering the highest quality in every service we provide.
We Take Care Of Any Roofing Issue
We can handle everything from leaky roofs to new builds, so you don’t have to worry about your next roofing project.
An Experienced Team
Our years of experience ensure that your roof is performing and looking great again.
Affordable and Multiple Services
We offer multiple roofing services at affordable prices to help you get the most out of your roof for the best price.
We ensure every customer feels like they’re a family member while treating their homes with absolute respect.
If you require a new roof, we have financing options that will work for your budget.
Warranty That Lasts
A Lifetime, 50-year, non-prorated warranty is offered to each of our clients.
Get a Free Quote
Get In Touch With Us
Contact us today by calling (336) 480-1824 or submit your request online for a free quote.