Soffit and Fascia Installation
Residential and Commercial Soffit and Fascia Installation Services in NC
What is the Soffit of a roof?
The soffit is a material installed under the eaves of the roof, connecting the outer edges to the walls of the building. It serves as a decorative siding for the overhang of the roof.
What is the Fascia of a roof?
The fascia is a board located on the exterior of the house, sitting under the edge of the roof and next to the overhang. It serves as a protective covering for the exposed rafters of the roof.
Replace a Tesla Solar Roof
Replace a Solar Panel Roof
Characteristics and Features of Soffits and Fascia
Soffits are designed to withstand harsh weather and diagonal winds, protecting the facade structure and the edges of the rafters. Fascia comes in various appealing colors and designs to match the exterior of the home. It is also designed to withstand extreme temperature changes and seal the side fittings to prevent water or moisture damage. Soffits, also known as roof vents, help circulate air in and out of the roof to maintain a comfortable temperature. For wood soffits, the material prevents damage by removing condensation, which can reduce the lifespan of the roof.
How Much Do Soffit and Fascia Cost?
The average cost of soffit and fascia boards depends on the front dimensions of the house. Also, know that soffits and fascia board’s measurements are calculated in the linear foot. Here are a few price estimations for Soffit and Fascia installation:
- Cost of Vinyl Soffit and Fascia Boards: Installation of Fascia board will cost you between $6 to $15 per linear foot. Whereas Soffits are affordable and can be purchased at $1 to $3 per linear foot. The overall cost of installation for soffits and fascia should revolve around $600 to $2,000 for 100 linear feet.
- Cost of Wood Soffit and Fascia Boards: Installation of wood fascia and soffit boards will cost almost the same as vinyl. The complete installation cost of the soffit and fascia will be $600 to $2,000 give or take.
- Cost of Aluminum Soffit and Fascia Boards: Alloy soffits and fascia can cost you a bit more than other types. Both aluminum soffit and fascia are available for $8 to $20 per linear foot, making the overall installation price $800 to $6,000.
- Cost of UPVC Soffit and Fascia Boards: PVC, UPVC or plastic Fascias are available for as low as $3 to $7 per linear foot. The overall cost of UPVC installation will cost you around $300 to $1,000 approximately.
- Do-it-Yourself Installation: DIY installation of the soffit fascia is for homeowners who like construction work and have adequate knowledge and tools for installation. In this case, the pricing for both of the roof materials can be as low as $1 to $15 per linear foot. Since there will be no installation cost, you will be saving money in the end.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Benefits of Vinyl Fascia and Soffit: They are cost-effective, long-lasting, require minimal maintenance, and have a simple installation process.
- Benefits of Wood Fascia and Soffit: They are also budget-friendly, conditionally durable, low maintenance, and come in various styles.
- Benefits of Aluminum Fascia and Soffit: They prevent bird interference, provide stability, are easy to install, maintain the temperature of the roof and house, have a sleek appearance, and require moderate maintenance.
- Benefits of UPVC Fascia and Soffit: They prevent water and moisture from entering gaps, collect rainwater for proper drainage, protect the roof bricks from leakage, and prevent rotting in the case of metal shingles and tiles.
- Drawbacks of Vinyl Soffit and Fascia: Can fade over time, are prone to cracking and denting, are not completely watertight, and may have a reduced lifespan in extreme temperatures.
- Drawbacks of Wood Soffit and Fascia: Requires frequent maintenance and inspections to check for deterioration, which can cause increased leakage over time.
- Drawbacks of Aluminum Soffit and Fascia: Has less insulating properties, can be costly, and may be vulnerable to dents and bending.
- Drawbacks of UPVC Soffit and Fascia: May react to harsh weather conditions, can discolor or fade when exposed to high UV sunlight, and may require complex maintenance.
Installation Process of Fascia and Soffit
Before installing soffit siding panels, it’s important to determine the type of ventilation in your roof – either on the roof or in the attic – as this will affect the installation process and measurements. Once you have this information, gather all the necessary materials, such as 1-1/2 in. trim nails, fascia boards, soffit panels, J-channel, and drip edge. Here’s a brief overview of the DIY installation process for fascia and soffit:
- Measure the area and place the fascia board over the outer edge of the soffit panel
- Use J-channel on the edges of the soffit at a 90-degree angle
- Overlap the fascia board if the drip edges are not properly aligned on the edges of the shingles
- Use J-channel grooves to complete the sheathing for closed overhangs
- Use a 12 in. nail punch tool for screws and a string line level to check alignment (optional).
If you find the installation process too difficult, consider hiring a professional roofing specialist to install and repair your roof. Statewide Roofing offers certified professionals at affordable prices.
We never compromise on quality. We make sure that installations last as long as possible.
We are trusted roofers that can handle installing any type of soffit and fascia.
We provide cost-effective fascia and soffit installation services all across North Carolina. Call us today at (336) 905-3456 for a quick quote.
Hire Statewide Roofing Specialist
Solar Roof Replacement Company: Why Choose us?
We are a residential and commercial solar roof replacement company in NC. We offer roofing solutions at affordable rates. We provide free inspection and consultation. What are you waiting for? Call us today!
Get a Free Quote
Get In Touch With Us
Contact us today by calling (336) 905-3456 or submit your request online for a free quote.